Structura Bio builds world class scientific software to enable the Nobel-Prize winning technology of cryo-EM. Join our team to build useful tools used daily by scientists and pharma companies in 40+ countries to advance their research and publish new discoveries.
What you will do
- Help design, build, deploy and manage aspects of our scientific software system, cryoSPARC™, which performs advanced microscope image analysis and atomic-resolution 3D reconstruction of protein molecules using computer vision and machine learning algorithms
- Build new functionality tailored to specific use cases in life science and drug development workflows.
- Interact closely with scientific users around the world to understand their requirements
- Work with our scientific methods developers and full-stack developers to complete larger projects and ensure optimal performance and usability for end users
- Participate in architectural design sessions and product roadmap discussions
- Help enhance team productivity by automated testing and deployment tools
- Provide support to our customers when required
What’s in it for you
- Exciting work and projects that directly impact the scientific community
- See your work deployed and used daily by thousands of scientists globally
- Gain strong experience with cutting edge technologies
- Growing product scope with room to take initiative and lead projects
- Friendly, tight-knit team and fun work environment
- Downtown Toronto location
- Flexible/work from home opportunities
Above: cryoSPARC Live, a product we build that allows for real-time processing of cryo-EM data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar) with 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong programming skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Extensive experience writing software using Python, including knowledge of Python frameworks/libraries like Flask, Numpy/Scipy/Scikit, Pandas
- High proficiency with the Linux command-line environment
- Experience creating and maintaining UNIX infrastructure
- Strong understanding of version control and code management with Git
- Excellent communication with team members and external users/customers, especially regarding technical issues
- Experience in continuous integration practices & tools like Jenkins and Travis CI
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and Microservices
- Experience working with relational (PostgreSQL) and non-relational (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis) databases
- Experience in HPC environments (GPUs, clusters, resource management, job scheduling)
- Experience managing infrastructure on a cloud provider such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with software security considerations and best practices
- Experience with deployment containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of parallel programming (CUDA C/C++) is a big plus
- Experience with optimization algorithms, computer vision, and machine learning software tools is a big plus
About Structura Bio
Structura Biotechnology Inc. is a Toronto-based scientific software startup. We work on advanced algorithm design and software development to help scale the Nobel Prize-winning structural biology technique of cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) into the world’s most powerful platform for structure-based drug development, and into a solution accessible by non-specialist scientists in a high throughput manner. Our software, cryoSPARC™, is used by research labs and pharma companies in 40+ countries to determine the 3D structures of proteins and other biological molecules for life sciences and drug discovery.
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Software Engineer”, and provide us with your resume and a paragraph or two explaining why you would like to join our team. You must be eligible to work in Canada.